China’s social security system constitutes five different types of insurance and contributions to the mandatory housing fund. China Payroll explains how social security in China is calculated, what are employer obligations, and how it impacts foreign workers.
China’s social security law was promulgated by the central government, but its administration and specific details are governed by local authorities. For instance, for each benefit, the employee and employer contributions rates and base differ as per the local jurisdiction and are subject to annual changes and reforms.
What makes the payroll in China quite complex is that the contribution rates for social insurance and housing fund are updated every year and change according to city jurisdiction, for example, Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou have different contribution rates.
Click to check out detailed social sercurity contribution base in China.
- How much does a managed payroll service cost?
- How long does China Payroll take to process?
- Do I need a bank account in China?
- Do I need to register my company in China?
- How many cities do you cover in China?
- What is the cost to recruit an employee in China?
- What are the main steps to recruit an employee in China?
- What are the benefits of using China Payroll?
China Work Visa
- How much does it cost to apply work visa in China?
- How long does it take to process work visa in China?
- What materials do I need to prepare to apply for work visa in China?